a Brazilian girl living in a tiny little apartment by the forest, together with my husband and our golden retriever Astro.
I create my best work when I feel a connection to the couple, when I see them for who they really are. On a wedding day I work with this mindset, trying to create some pretty rad images that are all about the two of you. I don’t want to be yet another photographer, shooting yet another wedding… that’s just boring. I am looking for meaningful stories and evocative images.
If you are looking for:
photos that show real emotion;
photos to make your heart beat faster — or skip a beat altogether;
photos that focus more on the people, than decorations;
photos to make your friends envy of all your cool;
photos where you look and feel amazing;
photos that are a pretty mix of photojournalism and fine art;
photos you actually want to go back to and look again and again.
Well, I’m glad you’re here. Let’s talk!
Find out more
There is a key ingredient in making good photos happen and that is connection. It is just very important to me that we feel like we are a good match to each other. That’s not BS. To create art, you need to be into me, the work I do. And I need to be into you, inspired by you.
I take on a limited amount of work every year, so from my point of view it makes sense to only shoot what I love. I don’t want to be just another photographer shooting just another wedding, mechanically pushing the buttons on my camera. Anybody can do that. My work is so much more than that. You invest in me, and I invest in you. Let’s make art together!
Random Facts & Things I Love
- I have a golden retriever dog, Astro. Before him, I was a crazy cat-lazy. I believe I still am.
- I love cooking. Sadly, something always goes wrong in my kitchen.
- I speak five languages: Brazilian Portuguese, English, Swedish, French and Spanish.
- All that matters in my life fits in one backpack. I am convinced I could just quit everything tomorrow and live in a cabin in the forest/in an old RV/in a boat/whatever.
- I love dancing, but my dog goes crazy when I move so I haven’t danced at home since 2013!
- Books and wine at home over going out, a million times.
- I have a pretty eclectic taste for music, from Mozart to Rolling Stones to Queen B.
- In fact, I have a pretty eclectic taste for everything.
- Jaanus and I watch TV series or movies every night. We keep a list of every movie seen since 2012.
- I’m vegetarian :-)
- I am addicted to podcasts. I listen to at least two podcasts a day.
- I love comic books. I wish I knew how to draw!
- We got married in secret.
Features & Thank Yous
My work has been featured on international wedding blogs and in print magazines, such as Bridal Musings, Ever Ours, Those Lovely Days and Bröllopsguiden (nr. 2 2015). I’m also a member of The Norwegian Wedding Blog Vendor Guide, Sisters in Law Vendor Guide and Beloved Collective.
The beautiful portraits of you see all over the website were taken by Sharon Eve Smith. The gorgeous portrait of me holding a camera was taken by my dear friend & fine art film photographer Giane Lima. Thank you girls, for making me look awesome! Love you! The adorable one of me and my dog was taken by my husband Jaanus. Thank you, baby! Te amo!